Living independently as a senior or disabled person can be lonely at times. In some cases, this condition can even lead to depression and isolation. That is why AVIDA Home Care provides warm senior companion care to these individuals through our caring and friendly caregivers. During the course of the companion care, the client receives nurturing activities in order to address their social needs.
Here are some of the services our companion caregivers can provide:
- Recreational activities
- Escort to social events
- And more
Stay Socially Connected
We know how boredom strikes your elderly loved ones for many days of staying at home. Our in-home services offer companionship care. We’ve got their back wherever they go.
“To the world, you may be one person: but to one person, you may be the world.” – Dr. Seuss
Caregiving is beyond a job and a profession. Seeing you satisfied with our care is our happiness.
Facts You Might Not Know About Falls for Seniors
Are you alarmed of your senior’s safety at home? Undeniably, elderly people are most likely to experience falls due to a variety of reasons from mobility to physical problems.
Here are surprising facts about falls:
– Falling is often related to the loss of functioning associated with independent living. Falls more often happen among women than men.
– The risk of falling increases with age.
– Falling is one of the leading causes of deaths among elders from 65 years old and above.
– About 9, 500 deaths in older Americans each year are related to falls.
– Two-thirds of falling victims will repeatedly do it again within six months.
– Falls are the primary cause of traumatic brain injury among seniors.
– Seniors who fall and hit their heads should be taken to the doctor immediately.
– Seniors who have difficulties with walking and balance are the most likely falling victims.
Senior companion services can dramatically reduce falls. To learn more about our services, please feel free to contact us at 925-948-8432.